- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Prenatal Chiropractic Care in Portland & Beaverton
Pregnancy can be an exciting time, but it can also be uncomfortable. Many women struggle to stay healthy during pregnancy. Medications and other conventional treatments are often not safe for pregnant women. Fortunately, natural treatments like chiropractic care can help women stay healthy throughout pregnancy. As your Portland and Beaverton chiropractor, we can help you get the care you need to maintain a healthy immune system and reduce your pain during pregnancy.
Benefits of Prenatal Chiropractic Care from a Portland & Beaverton Pregnancy Chiropractor
There are many benefits of prenatal chiropractic care!
- Smoother Labor and Delivery. Chiropractors use spinal adjustment to help position the baby for proper delivery, reducing the chances of Caesarian section delivery. In addition, chiropractors can teach pregnant women basic pain management techniques that can help them throughout labor and delivery.
- Improved Immune Function. Subluxations can compromise the central nervous system, leading to reduced immune function. Chiropractic care can help reverse this problem and build up the body's ability to fight off illness during pregnancy.
- Reduced Risk of Injury. A woman's body goes through a variety of changes during pregnancy. Ligaments and joints become loose during this time, to help prepare the body for labor and delivery. Strengthening the muscles can help improve patient coordination and reduce the risk of injury.
- Better Overall Health for Mother and Baby. Chiropractors teach patients how to eat well and live well during pregnancy, so mother and baby can stay healthier overall.
Prenatal Chiropractic Care is Safe and Gentle
Chiropractic care is designed to be safe and gentle for all patients, including pregnant women. At Devine Chiropractic, we're sensitive to the needs of our pregnant patients and we know how to deliver chiropractic treatment with the utmost care for the patient.
Treatments from Your Beaverton and Portland Prenatal Chiropractor
At Devine Chiropractic, we use a variety of treatments for our pregnant patients, including:
- Spinal Adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique that helps restore alignment to the spine and improve the functioning of the central nervous system. This technique can help relieve patient pain, boost immune function and also help position the baby properly in the body. Regular spinal adjustments throughout pregnancy can help reduce the chances of a Caesarian section delivery.
- Nutrition Counseling. Eating right during pregnancy is important. We help pregnant women determine which foods are best for mother and baby.
- Stretches and Exercises. We teach our patients how to do therapeutic stretches and exercises that can help reduce the chances of injury and also reduce patient pain.
- Massage Therapy. Massage therapy can help reduce patient anxiety and improve circulation during pregnancy. Massage therapy can help the patient stay healthy and comfortable between visits to the chiropractor.
Contact Your Prenatal Chiropractor in Portland & Beaverton
As your prenatal chiropractor in Portland & Beaverton OR, Devine Chiropractic can help you maintain good health throughout pregnancy and during labor and delivery. To make an appointment, contact us at (503) 245-8445.