- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Whiplash Treatment in Portland and Beaverton, OR
Car accidents and occupational injuries are a common problem in Portland and Beaverton. As a result, whiplash treatment is in high demand in our area. As your auto accident chiropractor, Devine Chiropractic offers natural, gentle chiropractic care for people suffering from neck injuries like whiplash.
This condition can come on slowly, and many patients fail to recognize the symptoms of whiplash as they develop. At Devine Chiropractic, we use a variety of diagnostic tools and methods that can help our patients get the treatment they need in order to recover.
What is Whiplash?
Whiplash is a condition caused by tiny tears in the muscles and ligaments of the neck. This condition is also known as neck strain and hyperextension of the neck.
Common Whiplash Symptoms
Symptoms of whiplash can vary from one patient to the next. The most common symptoms of whiplash include:
- Pain on the back of the neck, on either side of the spinal column.
- Tenderness and muscle stiffness.
- Limited range of motion.
- Pain in the upper back and shoulders.
- Tingling and numbness in the arms.
- Blurred vision.
- Difficulty remembering things and difficulty focusing on tasks.
These symptoms can take days or weeks to set in, and many patients who experience whiplash often take a long time to realize that they've been injured. This can delay treatment and exacerbate the problem.
Causes of Whiplash
Whiplash can be caused by any accident that jerks the head forward and then backward. Whiplash often occurs as a result of car accidents, accidents on the job, sporting injuries and personal injuries.
Offering Whiplash Treatment in Portland and Beaverton, OR
As your Portland and Beaverton chiropractor, Devine Chiropractic offers the following treatments for whiplash:
- Spinal Adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique that chiropractors administer to all patients. Spinal adjustment is used to realign the vertebrae and restore proper functioning to the central nervous system. This helps relieve patient pain and helps the patient recover from injuries more quickly. Spinal adjustment can also relieve subluxations and reduce inflammation, to ensure better comfort for the patient.
- Massage Therapy. At Devine Chiropractic, we use massage therapy to reduce inflammation, improve circulation and relieve patient anxiety. Massage therapy can improve range of motion while helping the patient to sleep better and heal faster.
- Stretches and Exercises. We teach our patients to do therapeutic stretches and exercises to reduce muscle stiffness and improve mobility. Stretches and exercises can be done at home as well as at the chiropractic clinic, making this technique an effective way for our patients to take control of their healing.
See Your Portland & Beaverton Chiropractor for Whiplash Treatment
As your Beaverton and Portland OR chiropractor, we use all natural chiropractic care to help you recover from your whiplash without invasive techniques and addictive medications. For gentle, safe whiplash rehabilitation, contact us today at (503) 245-8445.